May 4, 2014
designing a cover / editing
I was so excited that I finally FINISHED my Lifetime Book. I thought for sure that my next blog entry would be an announcement. But wait…..then I ordered the proof copy.
Now don’t get me wrong, it looks really good. All the pages were in the right places and the photos looked fine….maybe some were a bit small…but then there are the typos, undetected grammar errors, and in my case, the cover art was corrupted by the cover wrap.
But this is all a learning experience. Even though I’ve self-published many times, there is always room for improvement in every project.
Here’s how the cover art looks, which shows the correct margins. The title words, “Then” and “Now” are both cut off. So I’m going back to Photoshop to move the text left and to change the “L” in Lifetime to an upper case “L.”
Work and learn.